domenica 6 luglio 2014

Foxy Locks extension: six months update


                                                                                                 
Today I want to talk  about Foxy Locks extension. As you may know these extensions are available in three different sets all of them 20 inches long: Regular (125 gr), Deluxe (165 gr) and Superior (230 gr). I bought the Regular one last January and after six months of wearing them basically every day, I'm ready to tell you if they're good and worth your money or not. So let’s jump right in and start with:

The clips: they were (and still are) my biggest disappointment.Over all they are not bad clips: they're small, thin, with a silicon band underneath to make them more sturdy but there is a teeny-tiny problem:they BROKE! Yes, you've heard it: they start to break in the corner and everytime you wear the extension the little crack will get larger util the clips break for good and  don't stay in your hair anymore. To make things worse the clips started to break after only 2 months of using them (around March) and it wasn't my fault because I don't spend all the day clip and unclip them in my hair , I put them on in the morning and take them out in the evening, so I don't "stress" the clips too much, they are just made with poor plastic, that is all. I've changed already 10 clips.
I also noticed a bit of shedding and from January till  now these extension have lost 25 grams of hair, leaving me with only 100 which is slightly enough for my hair. But I think that it's not a huge problem: we are talking about hair sewn onto a weft so it's normal that everytime we brush it some hair will fall down even if we are as gentle as possible in using our brushes/comb. I've read and watched tons of reviews on Youtube and other blogs and many people were saying that their Foxy Locks had lost so many hair leaving them with a set of extension with little hair attached to the wefts, but honestly this isn't my case, the shedding is there but it's not massive. I think they will arrive at the  end of the year when I'll buy new ones.

The hair quality: it's not bad, but it's not good either. The extension were probably coated in a layer of silicon, because straight out of the package they were REALLY soft and smooth (couldn't stop run my fingers through them), then, after the dye (I bought them in the colour beach blonde) and with a couple of shampoo, this silicon coat went away leaving behind it still soft hair but not as soft and smooth as it was in the beginning.


When I touch the extension and my own hair I can't feel any kind of difference, but I've noticed that if I let them air dry with rollers in it, the hair will feel like doll hair, which is no good. So my advice is: if you want to curl them, go ahead and do it, but with a curly iron or hot rollers, just use a good heat protectant on the hair and you won't have a problem, but definitely don't let them air dry with rollers in it if you want avoid doll hair. They don't tangle at the nape of your neck, but if you’re planning to be out all day take with you a brush and comb the hair every once in a while, just to be on the safe side.

                                                      Me before/after:


In  the end I think Foxy Looks aren't bad, especially if you consider the amount of hair that you get for the price you pay, but the company could definitely improve the quality of the clips and give a better attention to little details (no more hanging pieces of thread, please!). If you are new with clip hair extension and you want to give them a try, Foxy Locks is a good place to start, but there are definitely better quality clip hair extension out there.





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento